First of all we would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year from all of us at the Rottingdean Village website.
Secondly, today is the Rottingdean Village website’s first birthday as the site was launched exactly 1 year ago today. The new website has seen steady growth in our first year. Within 2 months of the site being live it was receiving 665 visits per month with 376 being unique visits. 9 Months after the site being live we were seeing 1582 visits to the site every month with 1337 being unique visits. Now, a year after the site has been live we are seeing 3236 visits per month with 2454 of those being unique.
The site is now an amazing resource all about Rottingdean with 75 pages of information and 95 news items. We are also lucky to have information on Rottingdean’s vast history with the serialisation of Rottingdean Through Time by Douglas d’Enno. Due to all this great information on the site we are now being found in Google for over 621 different searches
As with the website, the use of social media within the village has gone from strength to strength and is a major contributing factor to the success of the website. As of today the village twitter account now has 1047 followers and the facebook page has 114 likes from engaged members of the village and people interested in what the village has to offer.
We have some great plans for the Rottingdean Village website in 2013 and we are looking to continue its growth in many different areas. We would love you all to continue to get involved as much as possible so here are a few ways you can use the site:
- Add or edit your directory entry so people can find your business.
- Contact us to see what you get with an Enhanced directory entry and how it can benefit you and your business.
- Send us the dates and times of your events so we can add them to our village diary
- Send us some information and an image about your events so we can add them to the news section of the site.
- Take a look at some of the amazing pictures we have of Rottingdean in our Gallery
- If you have a picture of Rottingdean that you would like to send to us then send it via our picture upload page.
- Get social with us on the village twitter account and the facebook page
We look forward to working with you in 2013.